Friday, February 13, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY

Here are some fun ideas....

My husband and my kiddos all love Oreo's. I made Oreo Truffles. They are 'O' so good!



>


What You Need!
1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 Pkg. Almond Bark, melted
Make It!
MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
*The idea for the kisses came from Bakerella.

KERNELS OF LOVE
This was one that we did for the great teachers that my children have. We modified it. Instead of using a bag of microwave popcorn, we made caramel corn. They turned out so cute.


Here is the recipe:
Caramel Corn
INGREDIENTS FOR 3 QUARTS:
3 Qts. Popped Popcorn ½ C. Butter
1 C. Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed ¼ C. Light or Dark Corn Syrup
½ tsp. Salt ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla 1 to 2 C. Nuts
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 250. Place popcorn and nuts in a large baking pan. Keep warm in oven.
Butter a 15”x10” baking pan. In a large sauce pan, melt butter over med-low heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup & salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Quickly stir in baking soda & vanilla. Slowly pour syrup over popcorn, mix well. Turn into buttered baking pan. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, break apart and store in a tightly-covered container.

The website for the template is
http://Jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page+CragtDisplay&craftid=11584

STUD MUFFIN

I usually try to make some kind of treat for my husband to take to work. I made him some mini muffins. **a double purpose, it was also breakfast.

I put a not on the muffins that said, "YOU ARE MY STUD MUFFIN!" Cheesy I know but Valentine's Day is the one holiday that Cheesy is good. I think that he took the note off before he placed them for everyone to eat - just a hunch!


I thought that these Valentine's were so cute. They were cheap too! We bought Dum-Dums and made them into flowers for my daughter's class.I just printed a flower out on patterned paper and punched a hole in the center for the flower.



1 comment: