Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls


Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to make rolls. I am so much better at rolls than I am bread. Here are a few new recipes that I have stumbled accross that have been added to my collection.

Baker’s Dozen Yeast Rolls
INGREDIENTS FOR 13 ROLLS:
2- 2 ½ C. All Purpose Flour
2 Tbs. Sugar
1 Pkg. Yeast
½ tsp. Slat
¾ C. Warm Water
6 Tbs. Butter, Melted, Divided
¾ C. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 tsp. Honey
1/8 tsp. Garlic Salt
INSTRUCTIONS:
In a large bowl, combine 1 ½ cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 Tbs. butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rise for about 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine the honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove to a wire rack and cool.


I found this recipe in Simple and Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment