Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fresh Tangerine Cake


So this was a recipe that my husband brought home from work that a co-worker had made. He told me that I had to make it. This came to a bit of a surprise because he doesn't like orange ingredients used in my cooking. I gave it a whirl and it was very good. I made it for a cooking class at my house and it was a huge hit. Enjoy!

Fresh Tangerine Cake
INGREDIENTS:
2 ½ C. Flour
1 ¾ C. Sugar
1 ½ tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1.2 tsp. Salt
3 Eggs, Beaten
1 C. Vegetable Oil
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 C. Tangerine Juice
1 Tbs. Tangerine Zest
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray two 9” Cake Pans with Pam. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add eggs, oil, sour cream, tangerine juice and zest. Mix until well combined. Divide batter between pans evenly, bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on wire racks before icing.

Tangerine Icing
INGREDIENTS:
½ C. Butter, Softened
8 Oz. Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
6 C. Powdered Sugar
3 Tbs. Tangerine Juice, or More
1 Tbs. Tangerine Zest
INSTRUCTIONS:
Mix together in a large bowl; combine until you get the consistency you desire. This sounds like a lot of icing, but you will use it all. Frost bottom layer of the cake and top with the second layer. Frost the top and around the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment