Monday, April 11, 2011

Blue Cheese Chopped Salad

I went to the Outback Steak House with some family a few months ago. I had this yummy chopped salad. I was so good I craved it for days. (Not such a bad thing to crave a good salad, RIGHT?) I came home and went searching online to see if I could find a recipe like it. I made this recipe and it was pretty close. I just love a good salad recipe. I think that it is something that I am known for, though I think that the way I like salad is not as healthy as it could be but it is still salad! ENJOY.
Blue Cheese Chopped Salad
INGREDIENTS:
Candied Cinnamon Pecans:
1/3 C. Pecans Sliced-Lengthwise
½ tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbs. Dark Brown Sugar
1 ½ tsp. Butter, Melted
Salad:
3 C. Chopped Butter or Bibb Lettuce
3 C. Chopped Red Leaf Lettuce
3 C. Chopped Iceberg Lettuce
1 Green Onion, Chopped
Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing:
¼ C. Olive Oil
¼ C. White Wine Vinegar
¼ tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
2 Tbs. Sour Cream
2 Tbs. Honey
1 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Basil
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
½ C. Crumbled Blue Cheese
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375. Slice each pecan half into at least three lengthwise pieces. Combine the cinnamon and brown sugar.Toss the pecans with the melted butter, then with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, making sure to coat them all evenly. Put the nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until sugar is caramelized. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and slide the pecans off of the parchment to cool. Chop all of the lettuce into small bite-sized pieces; and rinse them with cool water. Slice the green onion. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Place the chopped lettuce into a serving bowl large enough to allow you to toss the salad. Add the vinaigrette and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with the chopped onion. Break the cooled pecan slices apart and sprinkle them over the salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment