Sunday, May 15, 2011

German Chocolate Cheesecake

When I was young, my grandmother made me German Chocolat Cake every year for my birthday. Yesterday, we had a 9 year old birthday boy who loves German Chocolate Cheesecake. I also love cheesecake, probally becasue it is not healthy for my figure. This recipe is the best of both worlds. Enjoy!


German Chocolate Cheesecake
INGREDIENTS FOR 16 SERVINGS:
1 Pkg. (18-1/4 ounces) German Chocolate Cake Mix
Ingredients for cake
2 Pkg. Cream Cheese (8 ounces)
1 ½ C. Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Container Coconut Pecan Frosting
INSTRUCTIONS:
Prepare cake batter according to directions; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Gently pour cream cheese mixture over batter. Gently spoon remaining batter over top; spread to edge of pan. Bake at 325 for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Frost cooled cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Comments: I used the Betty Crocker German Chocolate cake mix that has added pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment