Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chicken and Cabbage

So here is a supper easy recipe that my whole family has enjoyed. We were at some friends on Sunday and they served this yummy dinner. My family all really liked it so I made it yesterday because it is so easy and it was baseball. I am not a huge cabbage fan, but I really liked this meal and I liked that it was healthy.

Chicken and Cabbage
Chicken Thighs (I used the boneless skinless from Sam's club)
1 Bottle Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce
Cooked Rice (Jasmine or Cal Rose)
Thinly sliced Purple and Green Cabbage

INSTRUCTIONS:
Marinade chicken for the day in 1/2 of the Teriyaki Sauce. Place a Tbs. Olive oil in a large skillet with a lid. Cook chicken on high heat for couple minutes on both sides. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and simmer on low for about 20 - 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Place cabbage in individual bowls. Top with hot rice and then the chicken. Spoon some of the hot Teriyaki Sauce over the top. Enjoy.

1 comment: