Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dinner Time

Dinner time is such an important time of the day. Not only does everyone need to eat, but it is a great time to gather around the table for family bonding time. With that said, dinner is always a crazy time of evening with small children. They are hungry and it is just a busy time of the day; homework is being finished up or sports practices are starting or ending. It is important to me to provide a good cooked meal for my family. This is not always practical at the peek of a busy day. My solution: I try to have dinner prepared before my kids get home from school. If you have even smaller children, you can prepare it while your kidos are napping. When dinner time rounds the corner, you just need to pop something in the oven or finish the final preparations for the meal. It is hard for me to make dinner when I have a hundred other things going on and a 2 year old whining at me because she is hungry and I don't want to give her a snack because otherwise she will not eat her dinner. This is just something that has helped me dramatically. It is probably something that many of you already do but I just thought that I would share it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment