Monday, March 16, 2009

Gardening Anyone?

Last week my kids and I planted Tomato Seeds and Today we planted Peppers. Our tomatoes have started to come up. I am trying to have enough tomatoes to can. Two years I canned tomatoes and I haven't even had to buy one can at the store. I sill have some left too - about 10 jars. I planted 50 tomato plants for under $10.00. This would be way to expensive to buy already started so that is why we are trying our own starts. I will let you know how it goes.





I also started some fresh herbs in small clay pots : Cilantro, Basil, and Oregano. Herbs can be so expensive and you can't use them all before they get dried out. I plan to use the Basil for homemade Pesto which is also $4.00 a container. I use Pesto in my Lasagna and other pasta recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment