Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Cleaning

It's about that time. It is a beautiful day in Northern Cal. I have my windows open and there is a comfortable cool breeze blowing in. I love this time of year.
I started some cleaning. With 4 kids, I feel like I am Spring Cleaning all year long. I did notice something that needed to desperately be clean -- My Lamp Shades.
They are awful. Here is some helpful hints for cleaning those dusty lamp shades.

Step1
Dust the lampshades weekly. This will decrease the amount of times you will need to wash them, thus prolonging the life and beauty of the shade.
Step2
Remove the shade from the lamp.
Step3
Buy a cleaner specified for lampshades or mix 1 tsp. of dish soap with 5 cups of water.
Step4
Soak a soft cloth in the soapy mixture.
Step5
Wring out the rag well and wipe the shade softly, but with enough elbow grease to clean it.
Step6
Wipe it again with a clean, wet rag.
Step7
Wipe the lampshade with a dry, clean towel.
Step8
Hang it up to drip dry or place it on a clean surface for drying.
Step9
Place it back on its stand and turn the light on to continue drying the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment